Chapter Member Awards
Nominate a Chapter Member for an Award!
Honor those who have contributed to nursing. Please send nominations to any members of the Kappa Delta Executive Board. Awards will be presented at the Kappa Delta Annual Induction Ceremony.
Criteria for Recognition Awards are as follows:
Awards for Excellence in Research
- Conducts distinguished research in nursing.
- Communicates nursing research findings.
- Writes scholarly works related to nursing theory and/or nursing research.
- Gives evidence of a history of nursing research activities.
- Encourages research activities within Sigma Theta Tau, nursing, and/or the public.
Awards for Excellence in Education
- Demonstrates excellence in teaching.
- Advances the science of nursing through clarifying, refining and/or expanding the knowledge base of nursing.
- Promotes a theory/research base for nursing curricula and nursing practice.
- Influences scholarly development in nursing education, practice, and/or research through teaching.
- Influences the professional practice of nursing and the public’s image or nursing through excellence in teaching.
Awards for Excellence in Nursing Practice
- Demonstrates breadth of knowledge in area of clinical nursing practice.
- Develops creative approaches to nursing practice that contribute to quality client care.
- Possesses clinical expertise and attributes of a clinical scholar.
- Advances the scope and practice of nursing.
- Serves as mentor/preceptor that inspires peer’s practice of nursing.
- Enhances the image of nursing through nursing practice.
- Participates in community affairs, legislation, or organizations that affect nursing practice.
Awards for Excellence in Leadership
- Receives local, national, and/or international recognition as a nursing leader in education, practice, administration and/or research.
- Influences leadership in nursing through visionary and innovative approaches to leadership.
- Creates an environment that enhances the image on nursing/nurses.
- Participants in the development of nursing leaders and leadership.
Awards for Excellence in Mentorship
- Actively shapes and promotes the career of a nurse or the development of a chapter.
- Freely shares our own resources for the growth and development of the individual or the chapter.
- Maintains the mentoring relationship over time.