November 6, 2010
Major campus issues:
Security (lack of)
Facilities (working equipment)
Aesthetics (looking like a “college campus”)
Meals (times for dining halls, food selection, costs of meals, meal plan variety)
Library (computers, printers, hours)
Drugs on campus
Health center hours
- Possible forum with students, SGA to meet with Art Grover
- Assemble a packet of security responsibilities
- Set shuttle schedule and distribute, post at stops
- Online security report form
- Plan a ride-along (SGA rep reports to The Collegian)
- Food services
- Survey students: Meal plan options *partner with food services
- More options for commuters
- Union operating hours
- Social life on campus
- Bar on/off campus
- Better venues on weekends
- Master Academic Affairs calendar
Committees that have not yet met MUST meet ASAP, email contacts
SGA suggestion box on the Portal (email us with comments/concerns, easily accessed via La Salle University webpage.
When do we get word out? Send out “Save the Dates”?
Early & effective promotion (t shirts for SGA members?)
FIND BASKETBALL SUIT!
Potential activities (aside from basketball)
Dunk/ Free throw contest
*Use as a “time filler” during marathon
*Use as a promotion tool
Tarot card/palm readings, hypnotists
Goal: get enough teams to fill a 24 hour marathon
Reach out to various organizations
Kick off game: faculty v SGA
Ask SGAs from local colleges and universities
Energy drink sponsors
Work with Advancement when sending packets!**
Student Appreciation Day!
“Thanks for Being YOU!”
*Increase SGA brand and recognition
*Hand out free shirts!
Union, 20th and Olney, Lobby of buildings
T-Shirts, pens, hot chocolate, “SGA hearts YOU” sticker/tattoos, food, lanyard, keychains, business cards, SUGGESTION BOX, candy canes,
-banners, side walk chalk, wear an SGA shirt and be entered in a raffle, prizes given to students for commenting/liking SGA facebook status, take a picture with Snap, Crackle and Pop!
-Kyra for tables