Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Union 301, 9:15pm
Meeting called to order by Stasia Ford: 9:19pm
1. Prayer: Vanessa Badalamenti
2. Open Sessions dates changed
– Now: Tuesday, February 16th during free period (music room)
– Portal Announcement (Ryan)
– Sandwiches, Suggestion Box
– Start tables at B&G/Treetops Weekly, or Bi-Weekly – SPREAD AWARENESS (Sign up like office hours)
3. Activities Fair Thursday! (1-28-10)
– Election dates, Open Meeting Information
– SGA Shirts!
4. Calendar (Ryan)
– Pass out examples for January and February
– Contains all committee meetings, other events, general meetings
5. Intermissions (Stasia)
– Brainstorm at meetings of what steps to take to bring back
– Survey at open meeting?
– Students need a place to hang out on campus on weekends!
– School complains about no students on campus (b/c nothing available!)
– Discussed small survey at POINT meeting
– Tie in with suggestion box? – Tangible information to give to Dr. Moore
6. Committee Reports
– Safety & Security: headquarters moving to Good Shepherd (Counseling moving to Benilde); Gate on South Campus closed at night; lights on the field staying on now!: LA & TC potholes in the process of being fixed; Student escort service = considering it, want student input (survey!); students driving shuttles?
– Health Advisory: smoke-free campus; health center hours in discussion, difficult to stay open longer because of school’s financial status, but will be considered
7. Basketball Marathon
– Committees have to start meeting individually
– Set up meetings this week/next week!
– Packets still in progress
– Wall of Strength needs to be worked on
– Entertainment: Start making contacts!
8. President’s Minute
– Good work at committee meetings!
– Remember Activities Fair on Thursday
– Pick up shirts in office next week!
Meeting ended: 9:47 pm