Tuesday, December 8, 2009
St. Bernard Lounge, 9:15p.m.
Meeting called to order by Stasia Ford: 9:19 pm
1. Prayer â€“ Amy Esselman
2. Basketball Marathon
– First draft of packet (Pat revise with Stasia)
– Committee assignments â€“ Pat
3. Awareness Issues: discussion about how we are going to inform others about what SGA is working on as well as how we can gather information from students on what they would like us to work on
– Town hall meetings, information sessions
– Utilization of The Collegian (SGA Monthly section?)
– Updating the SGA website! (Have section that says â€˜what weâ€™ve done/accomplished this year, what weâ€™re currently working on)
– Suggestion Box
– Flyers to let people know where the SGA office is, and its availability (i.e., have people at set times sit in the office for office hours)
– Go to other meetings
– POINT involvement
– Open day meeting and lunch (Set for 1-26-09, 12:30); Save the dates on every door on campus!
– Submit all revisions to Stasia before break
5. Committee Reports
– Promotions: Watch Party 1:00, Saturday December 12, LaSalle v. Kansas
– Health Advisory: Continuing discussion about smoke-free campus
– Student Affairs: Brought up top 3 topics we discussed at Retreat to Dr. Moore â€“ Closing of Intermissions/Food Court Hours; Gold Card at Shoppes at LaSalle; â€œStudents Helping Studentsâ€ Program with Security
– The Point & Explorers Den have become more accessible, but the issue still lies with
security and the hours; unavailable to grad students with late classes
– Hours on campus: cut because of budget
– No Intermissions currently because of opening of Explorers Den & The Point
– Do research on other schools!
– Create a student survey on opinion of Union closing at night
– Intermissions and Food Court Hours: Ashley
– Gold Card at Shoppes/What other schools do: Trevor (e.g., Penn)
-â€œ Students Helping Studentsâ€: Security and Safety committee (CJ & Pat); looking to
bring back to LaSalle community
– Pat: Students involved in Study Abroad Program have no right to enter in Housing Selection Process because of being away for a semester
– SGA needs to be involved in changing this!
– University says they have to â€œfill bedsâ€
– Students going abroad and who are currently abroad are completely unaware â€“ make
known to the LaSalle Community!
– Find out the number of students it is really affecting
– SGA & Dr. Moore
– Pat = POINT Person! Email Dr. Moore to fight this, find out what SGAâ€™s role would be;
research other schools!
6. Presidentâ€™s Minute
– Committee work – so important
Good luck on finals everyone!
Meeting Ended: 9:52