Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Union 217, 9:15p.m.
Meeting called to order by Stasia Ford: 9:16pm
1. Prayer – Phil Euga
2. UMAS Dance-a-thon: December 4-5th
– Large campus fundraiser for LaSalle Service Trips
– 7pm-7am (12 hour); theme music hours
– Teams of 10, only 2 dance at a time
– Sign up a team or make a donation ($25/pp)
– Food, coffee all night
– Talent portion with dance teams, bands
– Emergency numbers on contact list mandatory!
– Drivers needed (about 4)
– Bring with you at least 3 topics of concern with LaSalle or any questions you may have about various topics; talk to all peers during the week
4. Inductions on Sunday, December 6, 2009
– Chapel reserved from 8am-all day (Start at 11:00am)
– Blessing of the pins will take place
– Dr. Smith reserved as guest speaker
– Talking to Jane Watson this week about food
– Dunleavy reserved from 12-2 pm
– Invitations will be sent out next week
– Basketball Toys for Tots Game at 2 pm – reserve tickets for family, slip sent out with invitations
5. Basketball Marathon 2010
– Kerrin named Chair; Pat as Co-Chair
– 12 hour marathon this year
– No extra events: do not make enough profit or bring enough interest; sticking to strictly basketball, can pack in more teams to make marathon constant
6. Check Presentation on Thursday, December 3 @ 7 pm Home Game
– $8,000 to be presented to ACS (American Cancer Society); Anna is in the process of getting in contact with someone from ACS to come to the game
– Last year President and BBM Chairs being invited
7. Racism Awareness, November 19-20
– T-Shirts being distributed Thursday along with POINT organizations
– Sign up for a time to sit at the table and distribute shirts on Thursday: 12-1 Union; 1-2 Union; 5-6:30 B&G/Treetops; 6:30-8 B&G/Treetops; pick up shirts from office!
– When giving out shirts, distribute cards with slogans, have students sign
– Tell everyone to wear shirts Friday during the day!
– Friday 1-2 pm Dan Rodden: Guest Speaker Chip Gallagher = MANDATORY!
– Promoting to be a credit to the University; Proactive, not Reactive
8. Committee Reports
– Student Affairs: LaSalle as a “Suitcase School”; finding ways to keep students around on the weekends; ideas for events people will want to attend
– Student Press: Current charge and membership; Collegian Point of Views throughout the semester; what to do about “The Daily Stimulator”; Collegian going online (portal); other Media Groups; LaSalle 56 is now LaSalle TV
– Academic Affairs: Minutes approval for 10-22-09; Curriculum Revision for MS CIS Program = Database Certificate; 1 certificate available for each year; program geared towards older adults; Capstone Project; All courses online, Mid-term & Final, students come to campus to build their own Web Service themselves; Academic Calendar given out for 2010-2011 Academic Year
9. President’s Minute
– Remember to bring 3 ideas to retreat on Saturday: it’s a MUST!
– Bring snacks, movies, and have fun!
Meeting Ended: 9:52 pm